Thursday, July 9, 2009

Riley and the love sac

Our camera is having a troubled time, but don't fret because Ryan got a cool little Flip digital camcorder for his birthday! See subsequent posts.
I've had so much fun painting our "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and now the kids are having their own fund down there. It is nice and cool during this hot summer! I was the Preschool teacher for the day. We learned to count to 1,000 (by hundreds) made candy clay and modeled letters, and worked on reading AT words like cat mat rat. I love watching these smart kids catch on. Riley is so close to reading on his own (three letter words that is) it is amazing. I guess he'll just sleep through his first year of school?

Here's the recipe for Candy Clay
1/3 c Margarine
1/3 c Corn Syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb powdered sugar
food coloring
Mix all together using your hands at the last. This clay has a nice consistency and is fun to play with if your kids don't eat it before it hits the table!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

oooo-he's so smarT! He'll have to teach Maria a few things. I might have to go out and buy corn syrup...I've never bought it before...ever! BUt that clay sounds like fun!

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.