Riley and I had the greatest morning!!! He read his first story on his own!!! Suddenly it all clicked for him and he was reading! I was and still am sooooo amazed!! He is 2 months away from his 3rd birthday.
Here are the words to his first story titled Fat Cat, Fat Rat
Cat. Rat. Cat sat. Rat sat. Cat sat, sat, sat. Rat sat, sat sat. Fat, fat cat. Fat, fat rat.
Other words that he read while practicing today: Mat, cat, Pat, hat.
The next lesson we are going to do is AN words.
I just need to mention that Riley prays regularly to Heavenly Father asking his help to learn to read.
I'm a super proud mom today!!!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the Nest!
Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.
2 comments:
wow!!! amazing...we need to step up our game over here :)
Check out starfall.com if you have not already. Isabelle and Noah both LOVE it. Cute kids Laney! Wish I lived closer so we could play
Post a Comment