
Riley is practicing his patterning with weaving. Try it: just weave a few ribbons through a cookie cooling rack or laundry basket.

Here is Riley using our workbox system. I fill each box with an activity and they work their way down until they get to the big fun box at the end (usually a game with mom). On Monday/Wednesday I focus on Math/fine motor including clock work, money, addition and subtraction 0-10, sorting, lacing etc. On Tuesday/Thursday, I focus on reading and art. During the summer I had them do 2 boxes each and it seemed to take an hour. When school started, I switched them to five boxes each and guess what, it still takes an hour.
l

Isaac making spaghetti letters with yarn. At 31/2 years he knows upper and lower case letters and their sounds. He surprised me the other day and wrote his name all by himself.

Riley using his magnifying glass to match tiny images to the bigger ones.

Isaac using the same activity.
We try to do learning time everyday. Teaching my children is one of my passions right now. I love watching them discover things and share their new discoveries with me and watching their confidence grow. My kids secretly like learning time too. They always groan when I say they can't watch TV until after learning time. But once they have accomplished everything, I ask them if they like learning time and they always say yes.
2 comments:
i love the surprises...Layla whipped out a drawing of a star...surprise! It's also amazing how much she learns just from watching Maria...she knows all of Maria's sight words from school...guess she'll be ready for kindergardend in 2 years! awesome ideas....i'll be stealing a few!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Your family is just adorable.
And you are brilliant, tacky tape to keep pictures straight. Thanks for the tip! : )
Hope to see you come around more often!
Amber
www.veryhomemade.blogspot.com
Post a Comment