Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Canning season



I think it is a pretty cool thing making food for my family. It gets even better when the food is free (thanks South Slope Ward garden). So I'll admit to liking canning especially if I have good helpers, AC, and a roomy kitchen. It would be even better if I had someone to clean up after all of our mess making.
This season I've made salsa, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, apple sauce, apple pie filling, jalapeno jelly, basalmic red pepper jelly, apples in cinnamon red hot syrup, basil banana pepper jelly, mint jelly, chicken, apple juice, apricot salsa, apricot nectar, pizza sauce, and not all of my jars are full!

No comments:

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.