Sunday, June 5, 2011

BBQ season!

Thanks to the Robinson farm in Rockland, Idaho, we have freezer full of beef. I am so happy to know that my dinner wasn't raised in a feed lot, but I struggle to find really good ways to prepare it because Ryan and I consider ourselves chicken people. People always look at us weird at the Office Christmas dinner when our plate has a chicken courdon blue instead of prime rib. Well, steak is growing on us because of the following recipe. Since it is a rub, it has great powerful flavor even if you don't marinade it hours beforehand (love that when I think of dinner at 5:30 p.m.) I made up a batch of it and didn't save the recipe thinking I wanted to try it before it made it to my recipe file. Unlike my mother's recipe box, things don't get filed unless they are tried and loved. So I got a little panicked when I couldn't find the exact recipe on google (there are millions of "the best BBQ..." out there. So here it will be stored so I never need to panic again. Maybe it will be a perfect gift for a grilling dad. hmmm I should look for a cute printable to go along with it.


Best BBQ Rub in Texas

by Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) bottle seasoning salt
  • 1/4 cup paprika
  • 2/3 cup chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons ground dry mustard
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix (I didn't add this because I didn't have it and didn't miss it)
  • 2 tablespoons garlic salt
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, mix seasoning salt, paprika, chili powder, ginger, nutmeg, dry mustard, cloves, dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix, garlic salt, black pepper and brown sugar.

1 comment:

allyson said...

I am glad you are getting some good meat. If you look on my blog you can see some of the pics I took at the birthday.
It was so great to see you.

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.