On Sunday, Riley gave his first primary talk. He was so excited to talk into the microphone. He and I wrote it together and he was able to read the whole thing on his own. After practicing several times he was all set. He got up and grabbed that mic. He gave the whole thing perfectly all by himself. Ryan and I were giggling because he was talking so loud in the mic and because we were so proud of our cutie baby boy!
Later that evening, we were tearing down the road taking him to the emergency room. Poor guy got his lip ripped in half and nearly torn off when our basketball arcade hoop collapsed on him. Oh what a frightful night it was. I am so grateful we live in a country, city even, where we had a good plastic surgeon available. It was such a relief to see that he looked like himself again instead of the bloody "predator" lip he had when we sent him to the OR. We are thankful that nothing worse happened and are looking forward to watching many more wonderful talks by Riley.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the Nest!
Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.
1 comment:
I'm glad that little Riley's alright.
Post a Comment