Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Power of Positive Parenting

I'm teaching called "the Power of Positive Parenting" free for the community. I love everything that I've learned so far. I decided to teach it as a way to serve in my community and because the best way to learn material is to teach it.
I thought it would be fun to talk about the topics in class on-line too. The book "The Power of Positive Parenting" by Dr. Glenn Latham is available at http://www.parentrx.com/ or Amazon.com. Plus there is a wonderful resource online--a free online course from Utah State University where Dr. Glenn Latham taught and did most of his research. It has most of the chapters along with audio from some of his presentations. So if you want less naughtyness in your house and more positive good feelings in the air sign on. I'd love to read your comments and chat about how to be a better parent.
http://ocw.usu.edu/Family__Consumer____Human_Development/oer-power-of-positive-parenting

3 comments:

Kelly said...

i'm in. just from talking on the phone with you that one time and getting that little reminder, I've been doing what you said, and IT HAS WORKED!!!! Maria loves being my helper and is so great! Thanks! I'm linking this for others on my blog too!

oh, I'll take more tips and advice!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

That's funny. I just started reading it. It's a great resource!

Shantaila said...

You are so amazing! I could never teach something like that!

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.