Friday, September 19, 2008
It's Okay
I've been checking up on my amazing friends and family though their blogs and realized that you are all more than amazing! I'm glad that I have such neato people in my life. But while blogging a little dark feeling of inadequacy crept in. So I'm reminding myself that's it's ok to not be able to fit into my skinny jeans 3 months after a baby, that only two friends came to my play date to hang out, that a new recipe I tried wasn't a huge hit. It's okay to not have all of the wonderful qualities that all of my friends and family have combined. No need to turn to Prozac trying to keep up with you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the Nest!
Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.
6 comments:
It's ok to wait until 9-12 months before you can pull out the skinny jeans. Hardly anyone blogs about negative things about themselves, but I know what you mean. It is ok, and you are more than ok, you are amazing!
Oh LeeAnn, you are amazing! I was just telling you today, "You look fabulous, you skinny girl!" and "how do you do all that you do!?"
And it is okay! I think we all feel that way sometimes! LOve the new bling bling blog! ow! ;)
Soeur, you are one of the most amazing people I know--and I've been with you as a missionary, so that's saying something! I'm glad to know you have "downer days" too. Thanks for reminding ME that life is good and it's ok to not be perfect.
Here's one of my favorite quotes from Elder Holland: "I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us—insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn’t measure our talents or our looks; He doesn’t measure our professions or our possessions. He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other" (“The Other Prodigal,” Liahona, Jul 2002, 69–72).
You're winning against sin, and that's all that matters. I love you!
Love your new look! I think you are pretty amazing, look at all the cool things you have created around your house and how amazing you are at Cookie Lee! Not to mention what a fab sis you are!
Lee Ann Lee Ann..... COme on you are the most amazing, positive, fun, creative, flexible, yoga loving, and yes skinny person I know.
LeeAnn
I know how you feel about the play dates. I organized a WARD play date. and NO ONE came but me and Elizabeth and Breanna.
I kept thinking can everyone in the ward not like me?? Certainly someone has to think I am fun.
since then I have entered play dates with trepidation.
ally
Post a Comment