Friday, January 26, 2007

the YMCA

I am a gym junky. I love going to my favorite Family friendly workout center the YMCA where they never turn a kid away for not being able to pay. Riley goes to their on-site child watch while I work out. He makes lots of cute friends and he is always being held when I get back (they say he is being good, they just need their baby fix). I've been going for the past 1 1/2. Before I would go in the mornings before I went to work, but now that I am a SAHM I get to take all of those fun classes I always missed out on before. (surprisingly to me there are a lot of people who can take classes in the middle of the day. maybe they are SAHM too?) I'm taking a kickboxing class (nothing like unleashing on a stuffed bag) and today I went to a new body pump class which I'm expecting to be very sore from tomorrow. Someday I'll try out the yoga pilates methods but for now I'm loving this added variety. So to support my gym habit, I've become an employee as I was about 7 years ago. I'm teaching swimming lessons 4-6 hours a week so our family can have a discount pass. So far its pretty fun and working out well so that I can workout at the YMCA.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

you're making me jealous....

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.