Sunday, July 15, 2012

Registered for Kindergarten!!

Last spring Riley lost his first tooth! I felt like I was in the twilight zone! My little baby loosing a tooth. Make all this madness stop! Our dinner table comedy starts with Ryan offering the kids candy so they will shrink. The kids defy him and gobble up fruits and veggies right in front of us so they will grow. Sometimes I just can't watch and promise that the following day will be nothing but cake and candy to shrink them back. Riley reminds me that he is becoming more helpful as he grows up so I've decided to wave the white flag and let him do his growing of which he insists. So with growing comes changes such as school. Last year I was all in a hot fuss because I felt Riley was ready to start school, but the State of Idaho didn't think he was (they didn't want to fund a 4 year and 11 1/2 month-year-old's K start). Thankfully someone offered me some good advice, "Just enjoy the year you have left with him." You know I really have. And during this year I've had a lot of opinion shifts and done a lot of research and the Lord has worked with me a lot! But change is looming! Riley is registered for Kindergarten and will start in a few months. We have decided to enroll him a Virtual Academy. This means that we are part of a state charter school and he has a teacher, but I will be his "Learning Coach" and give him his lessons at home. Riley and I are so excited about it, especially when he unpacked his new computer and printer that he received in the mail for "school". I know this a little different approach than most people take, but we have done a good amount of research, prayed a lot, and feel this is the best path for us at this point. We hope to have the understanding and support of friends and family in this endeavor!

3 comments:

Cammie Smith said...

Leeann, I think that's awesome! Can't wait to hear more about how it goes!

Kelly said...

where have I been! You've been bloggin it up! Riley is huge! Can't wait to see ya!

Christy said...

Hey! I have missed you! I think it's awesome and Riley is so so smart he will just excel! So excited for him!

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.