Friday, December 4, 2009

Cookie Time

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: cookies
Every year I make and donate a "gingerbread" house to the Habitat for Humanity silent auction. I love doing this nativity set. I know it is not as extravagant as other Santa houses but it's meaningful to me and different from everything else. I've never won a prize or anything, I look at it as a worthy cause. (why else would I spend all morning Thanksgiving day making cookies?)
This year I tried using rolled fondant and I thought it was pretty fun and turned out sort of special. I made my own fondant with 1 lb of marshmallows and 2 lbs of powdered sugar. Look for the sticky mess photo!
I made an extra set to keep but it is still in a Tupperware because I'm afraid the kids will eat it (What's the point of cookies if not to eat them?)
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think I saw two sticky pics...maybe that was flour on Riley? Ooooo-your kids could take advantage of you with that goo on your hands! I think it looks so nice!

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.