I've had so much creating this book. The "fun" started when I decided to scan in all of our family photo albums. The idea came when I asked mom to borrow some pictures for this book and she freaked out because she was afraid of letting them out of sight. So now that they are all safely digitized and floating in space and on multiple discs throughout the country, I started the fun yet frantic project of "The Joy of Being a Member" It is based around our Smith family song. We sing it at every reunion and have for year, but do you think that I could come up with the exact words myself in the right order? Thanks everyone for contributing. Some of the pictures were a little smaller than I would have like --it's not for lack of cuteness in your family--but rather for quality sake some pics could only take so much enlarging.
Thank goodness a picture is worth a thousand words because these photos have so many memories to them. It would have been nice to have actual stories with each one such as the tomato wars, or a description of the games we would play all summer on roller skates, or how high the river was at Zion each year and how hot the sun was, or how tasty all the food was when we hid out in the food tent during a deluge. But for now I'll let the pictures do the talking. If any of you feel inclined for some editorial work...
If you love it, want it, need it, you can get a copy from Heritage Makers.
The best part of this project was how close it made me feel to all of you. I love love love you!
LeeAnn
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the Nest!
Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.
3 comments:
That's awesome LeeAnn! It turned out great!
ooo--love it, need it, gotta have it!
wow, that is awesome.
Post a Comment