Sunday, June 29, 2008

Challenge

I've given myself a challenge that I'm telling everyone about hoping that they will make me accountable. For three weeks (a month sounded too scary) I'm giving up retail! That means the only purchases allowed are groceries and second hand items. I'm calming the consumer beast in myself. I trying to live lighter and freer of stuff. Plus I'm sick of advertisers telling me what my needs are. I'm the one deciding so I'm ignoring them all for three weeks! So ready set save!

This is my inspiration:


2 Nephi 9:51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your alabor for that which cannot bsatisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and cfeast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.

2 comments:

Christy said...

that's great! I should set a goal like that too! I am always buying a shirt or earrings or clothes for the girls every month! It's hard not too or maybe just for me!

Kelly said...

i gotta get Maria to cook breakfast like that! I made that same goal after watching a video in economics about all the waste americans produce...good luck!

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.