Friday, November 30, 2007

tada

The Before--lovely gray wood textured paneling, dark wood cabinets, powder blue shower and counter tops, towel rack covering the TP.

The After--Eckert Ivory walls, crackle finish on the cabinets with a seashore theme.

One of my personal touches. This is the medicine cabinet that had a lot of undecorative metal. I played around with some plaster of paris to create an neat-o finish. These are shells my mother-in-law gathered on her last visit to Florida.

The blue counter top doesn't look so bad after all once we pulled it in with the blue crackle base. I like the crackle because it gave some texture to the white room and added to the sea weathered look. Crackle paint can be tricky to work with but is very forgiving because the "look" is not one of perfection. I'm much happier after this fresh coat of paint. It feel cleaner (not counting the clutter on the counter) and a lot more stylish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Pooper.

Anonymous said...

Is the mermaid still on the back of the toilet?

Kelly said...

amazing again...great job pulling together all of that craziness! I especially like the plastered shells...very smart.

Keri Hibbard said...

Great job!!Love the seashells plastered in.

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.