Friday, November 30, 2007

Bedroom Makeover

I can't find a before photo of our room so imagine... ivory walls, dirty blue floral curtains, and brown paneling on the left wall.
(For reasons beyond Ryan's understanding) I wanted an accent wall, so the brown paneling was covered in Spanish Galleon green while the rest of the room was painted in Brown Bread and covered with RL Candelight. With great joy, I tossed those blue drapes and we put in some vertical blinds. I still need to hang the curtains. Ryan says that adding our blinds brought us into the 21st century. We were tired of living in the 50's!This photo shows what Brown Bread really looks like without the reflection of the flash on the candlelight. I didn't cover the trim or cupboards with candlelight. The candlelight has shimmer in it that changes with the lighting in the room. I was hoping for a romantic elegant effect. I didn't like the candlelight on the green accent wall because it was too much contrast so I repainted it flat.


I was exhausted after getting through these last two projects but I have an itch to start on my kitchen so back to the paint!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

wowsers! I love the candlelight effect...very cool! How did you get all of that done? You're such a hard worker!

Keri Hibbard said...

Looks good! Watch those paint fumes.

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.