Saturday, July 14, 2007

The best of Zion


Wow check out that red rock behind the pool! This year was the 52 annual Durfey Reunion held in Zion National Park. This year was hot hot hot. We took advantage of the cool mornings to hike and the hot afternoons were spent in the pool or playing games. This years adventures included a 6 am hike to Angel's Landing, the Narrows, a tennis match, and the Amazing Race in Springdale. I must say, I can't get enough of my family!

Our little water babies!

How does one spell Ickin dickin Ductor? Ask Dad and he can also sing all 8 verses for you at the top of his lungs! As part of the program we always have some classics such as Bear Hunt, Ickin Dickin Ductor, and the ledgend of Henoaklad and Eveletta . All of my siblings were there with their families except for Keri--Kade is only three weeks old!

4 comments:

Betina said...

I think it's Evaletta. SInce her name was Eva Vilate... Though Henrietta does rhyme.

I hate missing Zions. Thansk for the pics.

:)

LeeAnn and Boys said...

Thanks I was unsure about what the name was--after hearing it for years! It just wasn't coming to me. Is Henoaklad right?

Kristen said...

Good Times!

Anonymous said...

I guess I should give all my kids their own copy of the legend??? I believe it is spelled HenOakled. GS

Welcome to the Nest!

Thanks for visiting our family's blog site. There is a lot of love in our little nest and we are glad to share our happenings with our beloved friends and family.